In recent years, clean beauty has become quite popular. But what exactly is it and how can it help you live your best life yet? Essentially, clean beauty refers to using beauty and skincare products that are good for your health and wellbeing. It promotes safe, non-toxic ingredients that deliver great results.
Whether you’re new to safe beauty or have sworn by it for years, we’ve created this spring clean beauty checklist to help you out. You can use it to transition to a safe beauty routine or improve your current one.
1. Look for Non-Toxic Ingredients
So why use clean beauty products? Clean beauty products are formulated with ingredients that are good for our health and the environment. So when you’re shopping around for new skincare, body care, or makeup, pay close attention to ingredients. If you notice these toxic ingredients, try to find a cleaner alternative.
- PEGs: PEGs are petroleum-based chemicals that can potentially wreak havoc on the nervous system.
- Phthalates: Phthalates can be easily absorbed through the skin and nails. They are so toxic that they may damage reproductive systems in both males and females.
- Parabens: Parabens mimic estrogen, disturb hormone function, and have been linked to skin irritation, immunotoxicity, and even breast cancer.
- Phenoxyethanol: Not only can Phenoxyethanol irritate the skin and lungs, long-term exposure to it can damage organs.
Note that most safe beauty products are made with simple, natural ingredients that you can easily recognize and pronounce. If you pick up a moisturizer or face wash with a long list of ingredients you’ve never heard of, chances are it’s not clean.
2. Be Patient
Transitioning from a conventional beauty routine to a safer beauty routine does not happen overnight. That being said, you don’t need to throw away all of your current products and swap them for clean ones at one time. Start with a few clean products and give your skin and body time to adjust to them.
Slowly but surely you can swap out more conventional products for clean options. We have no doubts you’ll fall in love with what safe beauty does to your health and eventually adhere to a 100% clean beauty routine. Just be patient and remember that Rome wasn’t built in a day.
3. Try Luna Nectar
If you’re looking for a good clean beauty brand, you can’t go wrong with Luna Nectar. This Canadian based company offers products that are 100% natural, vegan, and cruelty-free. In addition to using ethically sourced ingredients from organic suppliers, they opt for simple, sustainable packaging. We highly recommend these Luna Nectar natural skincare products.
- Moon Boost Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum: There’s no reason to use chemical, hormone-based eyelash serums or invest in costly extensions when you can choose the Moon Boost Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum instead. It’s a nourishing formula that can improve the length, thickness, and longevity of your lashes and brows. Simply put it on before you go to bed and wake up to beautiful results.
- Metamorphic Jade Roller: Treat yourself to a mini facial massage with the Metamorphic Jade Roller. This versatile roller stays naturally cool and has the power to treat under eye circles, depuff the face, promote circulation, and more.
- Heliophilia Glow & Fix Serum: For a lightweight yet rich moisturizer that delivers dewy skin and healthy hair, the Heliophilia Glow & Fix Serum is ideal. It’s formulated with 15 active organic star botanicals and the perfect addition to any beauty routine.
4. Beware of Fancy Branding
There are countless products out there that have packages with cute terms or symbols. Just because you see branding that makes a product seem clean, don’t assume it is. Take the time to carefully read the ingredient list before you buy anything new. You may be surprised to find that a face wash with a V vegan symbol is actually full of sulfates and parabens. Now that you know why to use non-toxic beauty products, your goal should be to find natural ingredients in skincare rather than skincare with deceiving branding.
If you’ve been wondering why you should switch to clean beauty, we’re hopeful that this article answered your question. Now it’s time to go through what you have and figure out what you’d like to use going forward. Best of luck in your safer beauty journey!